Unitec Institute of Technology offers a range of short courses to help you prepare for the IELTS test. All courses are available to domestic and international students.
This course is a short 20-hour IELTS exam preparation course to provide students with intensive exam preparation which includes:
- Familiarity with the IELTS Listening and Reading test.
- Familiarity with the IELTS Writing test.
- Familiarity with the IELTS Speaking test.
- Opportunities to do timed IELTS Practice tests and get feedback.
20 hours taught over 1 week intensively or 5 weeks part-time.
Students who enrol in IELTS Preparation course are lent an IELTS coursebook.
Department of Language Studies, Entry 3, Carrington Road, Mt Albert, Auckland
Note: Student loans and allowances are not available for any of these short courses.
*Unitec cashier does not accept cash payment.
A student may be eligible for a refund of 90% of the short course fee paid only if the student withdraws and requests the refund in writing at least seven days before the class start date.
If there aren't enough students registered for a course, then Unitec reserves the right to postpone or cancel the course. If the course is cancelled, you will be advised, and either a 100% refund of the short course fee paid (i.e. to take account of discounts, scholarships, etc.) shall apply and be actioned immediately by the department concerned, or a transfer to another class or course arranged.
No refund shall apply in any other circumstances.
How to apply
- Check upcoming classes section below for a suitable class.
- If you are a domestic student and want to pay by credit card you can apply online.
- If you are an international student, you will need to complete the Short Course Enrolment Form (PDF).
We also run a 40 hour IELTS Preparation course. View IELTS Preparation (40 hours).
For further information, please contact Student Central on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 10 95 10.