- Current students
Register your interest for this programme email email@example.com or phone: 021 730 947.
Upskill and improve your career prospects in construction industries with our Level 5 certificate, perfect if you’re a supervisor looking to gain a qualification in your work, or if you’re a qualified builder who is looking to upskill to construction supervision roles.
In this programme, you’ll learn a broad range of technical, operational and supervisory skills using knowledge applicable to the construction of medium residential and commercial buildings. This includes construction methods, weatherproofing, quality and productivity standards, required safety and more.
- Flexible around your work - this programme is delivered via evening classes (see the "Classes" section below for classes and timetables)
- Improve your job prospects through our nationally developed and recognised certificate
- Demonstrate and prove you have the skills required for main contract supervision
- Real-world project applications: you'll be able to apply what you're learning into your work or on actual sites. You will not do any project-based work in this course.
- Main Contract Supervisor
- Business Owners/Operators
With further training and/or experience when you graduate you may be able to work in residential or commercial construction as:
- Site Managers
- Construction Managers
- Project Managers
- Contract Managers
- Qualification and what next
Once you’ve successfully completed this certificate you’ll receive the Level 5 qualification: New Zealand Certificate in Construction Related Trades (Main Contract Supervision).
From here you will be able to work in main contract supervision roles in construction-related industries and be able to apply for Site License Classes 1 and 2.
As a graduate of this certificate you may wish to undertake further study including diploma or degree level qualifications in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Architectural Technology, or any other building and construction-related fields. Cross-credit into diploma level and reduce the time it takes to complete a diploma qualification (entry requirements apply).
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. Have completed New Zealand Certificate in Construction Related Trades (Supervisor) (Level 4), or have evidence of equivalent construction trade knowledge and skills as approved by the Proggramme Manager
2. If English is not your first language, you will need one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University Entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don't meet the requirements? We also accept:
- Evidence of equivalent relevant construction trade knowledge and skills; or
- Provide evidence of Special Admission or Discretionary Admission
For more information, download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|Building Construction Methods and Order Lists (CIBC5301)||12.0 credits (0.1 EFTS)||This course will enable students to apply knowledge and skills in relation to preparing order lists and construction methods for medium buildings|
|Non-Structural Exteriors and Ceiling and Wall Systems (CIBC5304)||14.0 credits (0.117 EFTS)||This course will enable students to apply knowledge and skills in relation to non-structural exterior cladding systems and installation procedures for ceiling and wall systems.|