- 15.0 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to employ advanced veterinary nursing skills required to support the medical and surgical team within a veterinary clinic and a specialist veterinary hospital.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Dip Vet Nursg or NZDip Vet Nursg to enrol in this course. Prereqs:DVN: NSCI4710 &NSCI4700 &NSCI4705 &NSCI4711. NZDVN: NZCAT. Coreq:NSCI6104. Students must enrol in both NSCI6101-SA & NSCI6101-SB to complete this course.
- Topics include:
prepare for advanced procedures measurement and monitoring of physiological performance, preparation of animal patient, preparation of staff, facilities and equipment,
aseptic techniques and maintenance of sterility, management of the hospitalised and post-operative care.
equipment, induction, maintenance, monitoring and, recovery from anaesthesia. Assessment of pain and analgesia, analgesia.
monitoring, recording and reporting of patient condition, nutrition, fluid therapy, wound management. Psychological management of the animal patient. Maintenance of hospital hygiene.
positioning and taking of radiographs, recognising film faults and diagnostic quality, being able to improve radiograph quality. Participate in Ultrasound procedures.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2323. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|13 Feb 18 - 13 Feb 18||Lab||Tuesday||13:30 - 15:30||Mt Albert (115-3010)|
|15 Feb 18 - 15 Feb 18||Lab||Thursday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (115-3010)|
|16 Feb 18 - 16 Feb 18||Lab||Friday||10:30 - 13:00||Mt Albert (115-3010)|
|Friday||13:30 - 15:30||Mt Albert (115-3010)|
|13 Jun 18 - 13 Jun 18||Lab||Wednesday||15:30 - 18:00||Mt Albert (115-3010)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Diploma in Veterinary Nursing.