Communication & Study Skills for Animal Welfare Investigators (Sem A) (NSCI4040-SA)
- 7.5 (0.063 EFTS)
- To enable the student to gain and demonstrate essential study skills. Development of these skills will facilitate student success in their certificate programme. To enable the student to communicate effectively in a range of situations within an animal related setting.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Certificate in Animal Welfare Investigations programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both NSCI4040-SA & NSCI4040-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
Basic study skills
Effective note taking, seminar presentation, time and project management strategies, reading strategies, computer usage, MSWord, Email, databases, powerpoint, academic integrity, referencing of sources and use of Moodle,
Written and oral presentation, communication in groups and teams, online discussions, and technical reports,
The communication process
Elements and theories of communication, interpersonal, bicultural and intercultural communication,
barriers to effective communication, assertiveness techniques, conflict resolution, dealing with aggressive/difficult individuals.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2151. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 2152. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Certificate in Animal Welfare Investigations.