|IMS Service Availability Status|
Service Availability Status: OK.
|IMS Help Desk Hours of Support|
|Phone and Mt Albert Hub Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 8.00pm || Saturday: 9.00am - 4.00pm || Sunday: Closed
Building 3 and Waitākere Hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 4.30pm
Welcome to the Information Management Services support pages for Unitec students. This site provides students with an orientation to the IT systems and some helpful guides. If new to Unitec, we suggest you click on the Getting Started tab at the top of this page. There you will find help to access the computers and information systems at Unitec. More information can be found under the other tabs provided.
Alternatively, view this quick overview. . . .
Set up Password Reset facility
The first time you login to the Student Portal you will be prompted to set up some security features so that you can reset your own password if you ever need to. This is a one-time setup process.
- If you have a New Zealand mobile Phone, then we recommend you select the ‘Authentication Phone’ option (and choose Text me), as it is quicker and easier. If you don’t have a NZ phone, then you must choose question option.
- Follow the prompts
- Hit ‘looks good’
Forgotten your Password?
Note: If you haven’t yet done the steps above and require your password reset, please contact the IMS Help desk Ph: +64 9 815 4321 Extn 8484.
- Go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
- Enter your email address and the capture characters
- Hit ‘Next’
- Select the verification option if available and provide the challenge answers required or supply the code delivered to your mobile phone
- Enter a new a new password and click ‘Finish’
Unitec Free4U Computing offers free introductory (Level 1) self-directed courses for the community. To be eligible to enrol, you must be a NZ Citizen or NZ Permanent Resident and be aged 16 or over. Our courses will give you the opportunity to develop your computer skills and are suitable for those new to computers, those wanting to upskill for job opportunities, further study or personal interest. Choose courses of interest to you, study in class (Henderson or Birkenhead) at session times convenient for you, or study our courses online.