- Current students
- Under 25s
The purpose of this scholarship, established in 2017, is to encourage Pacific students thinking about studying at Unitec for the first time, to pursue their goals and study with Unitec.
The scholarship is open to domestic Pacific students in level 3 to 8 programmes that take at least one semester of full-time study to complete.
|Award value: $2,000||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Unitec recognises that financial support is an important consideration for ākonga considering study. The scholarship provides both financial support and mentoring opportunities in the first semester of study.
Scholarship recipients are expected to be involved and participate in the Unitec Pacific Community.
2024 applications for new student scholarships are open
Round 1: Open 1st September 2023 | Closes 31st January 2024
Round 2: Open 16 February 2024 | Closes 11th March 2024
To apply, you must:
- be a domestic student, i.e. New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- be enrolling for the first time at Unitec in Semester 1 2024
- be enrolled as a Pacific student
- be starting a programme from Level 3 to 8 (certificate, diploma, undergraduate degree, postgraduate certificate or diploma) that takes at least one semester of full-time study to complete.
Please read the 2024 Unitec Pacific Success Scholarship Regulations for more information.
A selection committee will review all eligible applications and make award recommendations based on responses to the scholarship application questions. In combination with that, preference may be given to:
- learners who demonstrate that financial support will have an impact on their ability to begin their tertiary studies at Unitec; and
- recent School leavers