- Current students
- Under 25s
This scholarship is for high achieving Māori learners in undergraduate degree programmes who are motivated to make a positive different in society.
Ākonga who can demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to applying the essence of Ako – where everyone teaches and everyone learns - are encouraged to apply.
|Award value: $2,000||Number available: Varies|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: email@example.com or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Unitec recognises that financial support is an important consideration for our ākonga in managing their study goals. The scholarship provides both financial support and mentoring opportunities.
2022 Applications are Closed
Open 18th February 2022 | Closes 21st March 2022
To apply, you must:
- be a domestic student, i.e., a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident;
- be enrolled as a Māori student;
- have completed and passed a minimum of 60 credits within your current undergraduate degree (level 7 programme) at Unitec;
- be continuing in your current programme of study as a full-time (or pre-approved part-time) student; and
- have a GPA of 6.0 (which equates to a B+ average) or above in your most recent semester of study for graded courses, or all PASS grades for Pass/Fail courses.
Please read the 2022 Te Pou Hiranga Scholarships Regulations for more information.
The Selection Committee will review all eligible applications and will make award recommendations based on a combination of:
- GPA scores;
- responses to the application questions; and
- may give preference to learners who demonstrate that financial support will have an impact on their ability to continue their studies.