- Current students
- Under 25s
The NZCBIA Excellence Scholarship was established in 2018 to financially assist and recognise excellent students in fields of study relevant to the building industry, with the desire to support and increase the number of qualified professionals in the building industry.
|Award value: $5,000||Number available: Up to 2|
|Provider: New Zealand Chinese Building Industry Association|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: email@example.com or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Applications for 2023 are closed.
Open 29 May 2023 | Close 05 July 2023
Eligibility Criteria for NZCBIA Scholarship (in partnership with Kohler)
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled fulltime (minimum of 60 credits) in their first or second year in one of the below programmes:
Be as a first year student in:
- NZ Diploma in Interior Design (Residential); or
- NZ Diploma in Interior Design (Commercial); or
- New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Civil); or
- New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Electrical); or
- New Zealand Diploma in Surveying; or
- New Zealand Diploma in Architecture Technology; or
- New Zealand Diploma in Construction; or
- Master of Landscape Architecture; or
- Master of Architecture (Professional)
Be a first or second year student in:
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil); or
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical); or
- Bachelor of Construction (Construction Management); or
- Bachelor of Construction (Construction Economics); or
- Bachelor of Construction (Property Development); or
- Bachelor of Applied Technology – Electrotechnology; or
- Bachelor of Architecture Studies; or
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- Completed at least one semester (60 credits) in one of the above programmes.
- Achieved an average grade of B- or above for their previous semester’s study.
- Be intending to pursue a career in the building industry, as demonstrated in the Scholarship Application.
As part of the scholarship application an academic referee’s contact details are required.
Please read the 2023 NZCBIA Excellence Scholarship Regulations for full details
Preference will be given to:
- Academic merit; as demonstrated in their previous semester(s) study.
- Learners that have a motivation to pursue a career in the building industry, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Personal achievements, showing extra-curricular excellence such as community activities and otherwise, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
Please have the following information ready before you start the application as you cannot save and return to it:
Short Answers (approx 150 words) to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in your programme of study? What motivates you to succeed in your studies?
- What are your future career aspirations? How do you plan on becoming a leader within your industry?
- Please list any extracurricular activities you're currently involved in or any other personal achievements you would like to highlight to the selection committee.
- How will this Scholarship help support you in your studies?
Find out more about New Zealand Chinese Building Industry Association.