- Current students
- Under 25s
NERF’s mission is to promote excellence in nursing and midwifery healthcare by providing funding opportunities for education and research. They offer numerous scholarships and grants up to three times a year.
|Award value: Varies
|Number available: Varies
|Provider: Nursing Education and Research Foundation
NERF Scholarships & Grants
The Foundation offers multiple scholarships and grants. To see a full range of the scholarships and grants offered click here.
Applications for the NERF Undergraduate Study Scholarship reopen 15th January 2024 and close 12th February 2024.
There are other open and close dates for the different scholarship opportunities - please be sure to check details for their range of scholarships in the Scholarships & Grants Available list.
Undergraduate Study Scholarship
Scholarship value: Up to $2,000.
How to apply
Unitec will add a link to the application form here when applications open.
- Make sure you use the latest version of the application form! Applications on outdated forms will not be considered.
- Read Zoë Tipa's guest editorial in Kai Tiaki Nursing Research The significance of kaupapa Māori research methodology (PDF, 419KB) for information that may be useful to you when considering applying for scholarships and grants.
You must be a:
- Bachelor of Nursing student who has successfully completed year two of your programme;
- Current NZNO financial member with priority given to those who have not received a grant in the previous two years. Know someone who would like to apply but isn’t a current member? Contact our membership team on 0800 28 38 48 option 2, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to fill the form out online.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- academic achievement
- contribution to Nursing (for example support offered to fellow students, going the extra mile for patients)
- contribution to the community (for example involvement in activities outside of nursing - may include family commitments, volunteerism, cultural commitments)
- inclusion of up to two referees who will write a letter of support for the applicant and be available for contact via phone.
Have any questions?
Email email@example.com with any specific questions you may have.