- Current students
- Under 25s
Nursing Education and Research Foundation (NERF) - Scholarships & Grants
NERF’s mission is to promote excellence in nursing and midwifery healthcare by providing funding opportunities for education and research. They offer numerous scholarships and grants up to three times a year.
|Award value: Varies||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Nursing Education and Research Foundation|
NERF Scholarships & Grants
The Foundation have multiple scholarships and grants currently open. To see a full range of the scholarships and grants offered click here. Eligibility information for the Foundation's 2023 scholarships and grants is listed in this document.
Applications for 2023 will open in November 2022 and close 10th February 2023.
Undergraduate Study Scholarship
Scholarship value: Up to $2,000.
How to apply
Unitec will add a link to the application form here when applications open.
Important to-dos from the 2022 application
- Make sure you use the latest version of the application form! Applications on outdated forms will not be considered.
- Read Zoë Tipa's guest editorial in Kai Tiaki Nursing Research The significance of kaupapa Māori research methodology (PDF, 419KB) for information that may be useful to you when considering applying for scholarships and grants.
You must be a:
- Bachelor of Nursing student who has successfully completed year two of your programme;
- Current NZNO financial member with priority given to those who have not received a grant in the previous two years. Know someone who would like to apply but isn’t a current member? Contact our membership team on 0800 28 38 48 option 2, email email@example.com or click here to fill the form out online.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- academic achievement
- contribution to Nursing (for example support offered to fellow students, going the extra mile for patients)
- contribution to the community (for example invovlement in activities outside of nursing - may include family commitments, volunteerism, cultural commitments)
- inclusion of up to two referees who will write a letter of support for the applicant and be available for contact via phone.
Have any questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific questions you may have.