- Current students
The Te Pou Aupiki Karahipi were established in 2019 to encourage Māori students who successfully complete their programme of study to continue their tertiary education at Unitec.
|Award value: $1,000 towards tuition fees||Number available: 3|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Scholarships Team: email@example.com|
The Te Pou Aupiki Karahipi were established in 2019 to encourage Māori students who successfully complete their programme of study to continue their tertiary education at Unitec by either progressing into a new programme at the next level of study or beginning a new programme at the same level. Recipients of any and all Māori focused scholarships are expected to be involved and participate in the Unitec Māori Community.
Please read the Te Pou Aupiki Regulations for full details.
Please use the Pepehā Template for your Application provided here
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- New Zealand citizen or holder of a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa
- Passed all courses during the previous semester of study at Unitec.
- Must meet the entry criteria for the progressing programme of study *
- Have submitted an application to Unitec to be admitted full-time into the progressing programme of study at a Diploma, Degree or Postgrad Diploma Level.
- Be enrolled as a Māori student.
Selection Criteria in Priority Order
- Academic Achievement: GPA from previous semester of study at Unitec.
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen course, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Commitment to benefiting their local and Unitec communities, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
*Progressing means starting a NEW programme of study. You should have graduated or completed your previous degree/certificate and be moving onto a different degree/cert/PGDip at the same academic level or higher. Example: Niko has just completed his Certificate of University Preparation (Level 4) and is now entering a Bachelor of Construction Management (Level 5-7).
Applications close midnight Monday November 2, 2020