- Current students
The Te Pou Aupiki Karahipi were established in 2019 to encourage Māori students who successfully complete their programme of study to continue their tertiary education at Unitec.
|Award value: $2,000 towards tuition fees||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Scholarships Team: email@example.com|
The Te Pou Aupiki Karahipi were established in 2019 to encourage Māori students who successfully complete their programme of study to continue their tertiary education at Unitec by either progressing into a new programme at the next level of study or beginning a new programme at the same level. Recipients of any and all Māori focused scholarships are expected to be involved and participate in the Unitec Māori Community.
Please read the Te Pou Aupiki Regulations for full details.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- New Zealand citizen or holder of a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa
- Passed all courses during the previous semester of study at Unitec.
- Must meet the entry criteria for the progressing programme of study *
- Have submitted an application to Unitec to be admitted full-time into the progressing programme of study at a Diploma, Degree or Postgrad Diploma Level.
- Be enrolled as a Māori student.
*Progressing means starting a NEW programme of study. You should have graduated or completed your previous degree/certificate and be moving onto a different degree/cert/PGDip at the same academic level or higher. Example: Niko has just completed his Certificate of University Preparation (Level 4) and is now entering a Bachelor of Construction Management (Level 5-7).
- Academic Achievement: GPA from previous semester of study at Unitec.
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen course, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Commitment to benefiting their local and Unitec communities, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
Before starting an application, you should have the following ready as you cannot save or edit you application once you have started it:
1. Short Answers (100-150 words per each question) to the following questions:
- Why have you chosen to study at Unitec, what motivates you to do well in your studies and the programme you hope to do?
- What are your future goals and how do you plan to get there?
- Give an example of ways you have been involved with your local community and how you may have benefited it?
- What ways do you plan to get involved in the Unitec Community?
Applications open June 11th and close July 26th, 2019
Applications for 2019 have now closed