- Current students
Concentrix in collaboration with Unitec have up to 10 scholarships to award to Unitec students who demonstrate leadership in their study, community and/or extracurricular activities.
|Award value: $5,000 towards tuition fees||Number available: up to 10|
|Provider: Concentrix and Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Scholarships Team: email@example.com|
The Concentrix Leadership Scholarships were established in 2016 in conjunction with Concentrix to identify, celebrate and support inspirational students with leadership qualities. The Concentrix Leadership Scholarships are designed to provide students with financial support, opportunities to further their leadership skills and vocationally based learning or potential employment opportunities at a Concentrix delivery centre, subject to availability.
Please read the Concentrix Leadership Scholarship Regulations for full details.
Up to 10 recipients will be awarded scholarships annually according to the following categories:
- 2 x Leadership Scholarship – Māori
- 2 x Leadership Scholarship – Pacific
- 2 x Leadership Scholarship – Woman
- 1 x Leadership Scholarship – Unitec Community Life
- 2 x Leadership Scholarship – Under 25 years old
- 1 x Leadership Scholarship – LGBTQI+
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or holder of a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa.
- Be currently enrolled in any Unitec undergraduate programme (level 5 and above) as a first or second year student (completed less than 240 credits towards their programme), with at least two semesters of study remaining.
- Achieved a grade point average of B- or above for previous study completed at Unitec.
- All candidates must apply using the Unitec online scholarship application form to be eligible.
- Preference will be given to students who can demonstrate they have an active involvement in the Unitec Community, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
Recipients Selection Criteria
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen course, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- Evidence of motivation and desire to be a leader within their industry or community, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- Commitment to benefiting their local and Unitec communities, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- Academic performance to date in subjects relevant to their intended programme may be considered.
Please note you cannot save and return to your application at a later date so we suggest you have the following prepared prior to starting the application:
Answers to the below questions (250 words maximum for each)
- Why are you interested in your programme of study? What motivates you to succeed in your studies?
- What are your future career aspirations? How do you plan on becoming a leader within your industry?
- Give an example of how you have made an impact in your local or Unitec community? What leadership strategies were used to achieve this impact?
- Provide an example of when you have had to collaborate with others to achieve a shared project or goal?
- In your mind, can you please describe how you have been disruptive to achieve a result that you deem important to your pathway and future.
- How will this scholarship help support you in your studies?
Copies of the following documents ready to upload:
- CV (optional)
- Academic Letter/ or Community Letter of Reference