Ideal for busy people, these FREE evening short courses provide an introduction to Te Reo Māori from beginner to advanced levels. Ahakoa ko wai, no hea koe, ko tēnei te wā! No matter who you are or where you're from, this is the time to immerse yourself in the richness of te Ao Māori world.
They include pronunciation, basic greetings, common phrases, waiata Māori (Māori songs) and the use of te reo in everyday situations, including the workplace. Give it a go. Kōrero mai!
- Te reo Māori – Tahi (beginner)
- Te reo Māori – Rua (intermediate)
- Te reo Māori – Toru (advanced)
- Te reo Māori – Whā (full immersion)
Duration: Monday - Wednesday 10 weeks, attendance of one-night class a week
Times: 6pm - 9pm
Mt Albert Campus
Cost: FREE TUITION* or for International students, the course fee is $245.34 (this fee is subject to change without notice).
*Free tuition is available to domestic students only. To be eligible for free tuition you must provide a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport (NZ or overseas with residency documents) or citizenship certificate.
- Public holidays are observed during each term, there will be no classes held on those evenings and your term will be reduced accordingly.
- There is an 80% attendance policy, failure to meet these requirements is an automatic withdrawal (eight out of the ten classes need to be attended).
How to apply
To apply, download the Short Course Application Form (PDF) and complete the class schedule and short course application form. Please note that the correct course code for the night you wish to be enrolled into.
Completed short course application forms need to be received one week prior to the beginning of each term, late enrolments will NOT be accepted the week of Kura Pō commencing.
Completed enrolment forms and supporting documents can be emailed or mailed to the contact details below.
Kura Pō Co-ordinator
|Location||Building 171 (Puukenga), Mt Albert Campus|
|Hours||Monday to Friday, 8am - 4pm|
|Phone||+ 64 9 892 8695|
|Fax||+64 9 815 4328|
Check out our student feedback here