- Current students
- Under 25s
Login to Student Portal
When you can access Student Portal
You need to be an enrolled student to log in to your Student Portal and Moodle.
Student Portal will be available to enrolled students 90 days before your course start date.
Grades are available in your Student Portal for two years after your study ends.
Once you have access, you can log in anytime, using any device connected to the internet.
How to log in to Student Portal
How to log in to Student Portal:
- Go to myportal.unitec.ac.nz
- Click login
- Enter your Unitec student email (email@example.com) and password
Your Student Portal username and password
The Unitec IMS Team will send you an email before your classes begin with your student username, your Unitec student email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org and your temporary password.
Find the email in your inbox:
- From: email@example.com
- With the subject line: “Unitec Student Login Communication”
If you have studied with Unitec within the past five years, you can use the Unitec student email and password that you previously used.
What Student Portal is used for
You can use your Student Portal to:
- View your timetable
- Connect to Moodle
- Access to your student emails
- Re-enrol or change classes
- View your grades and final grades
- Download useful student forms
- Make payments (course and library fees)
- Update your personal information, like contact details
- Book a study room
- Connect to student services and support that are available to you
Update your contact details
It’s important to keep your personal information up to date, including your address, phone number, and email address.
You can update your details in the Student Portal by going to the Useful Links box and clicking on Update Contact Details.
Trouble logging into Student Portal
Reasons why you may not be able to log in:
- Not an enrolled student: You must be an enrolled student to access your Student Portal and Moodle. If you have received an email to say you are enrolled, you may need to wait until the next day for your Moodle login to work.
- More than 90 days before your study begins: Student Portal will be available to enrolled students 90 days before your course start date.
- Overdue fees: If you have overdue fees, you will not be able to log in to your Student Portal. Once fees are paid you will be able to access your account the following day, see how to pay fees.
- Loan laptop to return: If you have a loan laptop that is overdue to be returned, you will not be able to log in to your Student Portal. You can still access Moodle. You will need to return the laptop for access to be reinstated. Contact Student Central (Te Pae Kōrero) to return your loan laptop.
- NSI Visa: If your NSI Visa needs to be updated, you will not be able to log in to your Student Portal and Moodle. Contact the International Visa Team to update your Visa details.