- Current students
Important COVID-19 notice
Our Unitec Osteopath clinic is re-opening on Monday, 15 June. If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment, please contact the team on the details below.
PHONE: 0800 267 836 or +64 9 815 6794
Please note we are in Alert Level 1 and some small measures of health and safety are in place.
For more information
- How will classes be taught at this time, see our Teaching and Learning Online page
- How to access our Students Services at this time, visit our Student Services Online page
- Latest email updates and news for students, visit our Stay Informed page
- How to be kind to each other at this time, see our Stay Kind page
- For a list of external support and services available to students, see our Stay Safe page
- How to keep the kids entertained, visit our Activites and Online Resources for Kids page
- About COVID-19, visit the official government website www.covid19.govt.nz
- Updates from Unitec, visit our coronavirus/COVID-19 page
Our Unitec Osteopaths clinic is located right on our Mt Albert campus and offers osteopathy services to students, staff, and the general public.
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is primarily a manual treatment, with the majority of diagnosis and treatment performed by the osteopath’s hands. Osteopaths focus on the muscles, bones and joints of the human body. The osteopath seeks to analyse and understand the causes of those symptoms and includes them in the treatment.
What can Osteopathy help with?
Osteopathy can help people with a wide variety of problems, including:
- Pregnant women: Antenatal care for back pain and other aches in all stages of pregnancy
- Infants: Colic and difficulty sleeping or feeding
- Children and young people: Growth-related problems in the knees, feet or spine
- Elderly people: Chronic aches and pains related to the spine, shoulders, hips, feet and knees
- Sportspeople and dancers: Sprains, strains and chronic injuries
- Workers in all occupations: Neck, back and joint pains of all descriptions
What should I expect?
- Your first visit will take about 90 minutes, and after that follow-up treatments take about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Make sure you wear loose, comfortable clothing to your appointment.
- Generally, treatments are gentle and rarely cause pain or discomfort
How much will it cost?
Charges range from $10 to $32, for more information on our fees visit our website.
View our full list of fees (click to expand)
|Pensioner/ 60 plus||$20|
Book an appointment
To make an appointment you can either call, email, or book via our online booking form.
Please give 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule appointments. In cases of severe weather or communicable illness, please try to give as much notice as possible. Any cancelled or rescheduled appointments without appropriate notice may result in full billing of the missed treatment. If you are unable to attend on a consistent basis the clinic may refuse to rebook you for further treatments.