Creative Practice Project (ICIB8005)
- 30 (0.25 EFTS)
- To critically analyse creative practice as both a process and an outcome. This course allows participants to devise and conduct a small creative practice based research project that demonstrates intellectual independence and analytical rigour within a framework of information and principles related to contemporary creative industry practice. This course is designed to enable participants to explore their creativity in a practice based learning environment.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Master of Creative Practice programme or the Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Practice programme or the Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Practice programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
Cultural and Ethical considerations
Funding applications, Film Council, Te Waka Toi, Creative NZ
Intellectual property - software, photo library
Literature searching, selection and review
New media technologies
Postivist, interpretivist, critical, and post-modern research traditions
Quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques
Research methods, data collection, data analysis
Research project rationale and aims and research questions
Research project topic identification, selection, refinement and justification
Tenders, costing, quoting, procurement, contracting, determining a brief
The philosophy of research
Validity, reliability and triangulation
Vocational and creative practice
Writing the research proposal
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1381. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5166. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Master of Creative Practice, Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Practice, Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Practice.