- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to use classical and contemporary models of ethical decision- making to analyse typical media and organisational communication dilemmas. By the end of the course, students will have developed a broad understanding of the inherently ethical role played by organisations within society because of their communication of values to, and interactions with, a wide variety of audiences.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Restriction: COMM6434. Pre-requisite: Any other Level 5 course from a degree at Unitec.
- Topics include:
morality, moral philosophy, ethics; theories of ethics in history; economics and ethics; business ethics; social responsibility; ethics and cultural relativism; personal ethics vs organisations; frameworks for ethical decision making; developing ethical standards; values, vision, leadership and ethics; public relations and marketing ethics; technology and ethics; organisational ethics.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|25 Jul 18 - 26 Sep 18||Lecture||Wednesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (115-2009)|
|17 Oct 18 - 31 Oct 18||Lecture||Wednesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (115-2009)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Creative Enterprise, Bachelor of Communication (Event Management), Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies), Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations), Graduate Diploma in Creative Enterprise.