- Current students
A career in real estate is a mix of office work and being out in the field, and the commissions you earn are a direct reflection of the hard work applied. It’s a fast-moving career that combines people skills with data analysis and an understanding of market trends. This popular certificate provides you with the knowledge, skills and requirements for entry into this exciting industry.
Become familiar with auction and tender methods, the law of agency and land ownership, council zoning, building law and the transfer of ownership and titles. Complete sale and purchase agreements, and learn about the legal requirements involved with the sale of real estate. You also look at how to identify misleading and deceiving conduct and misrepresentation, and develop your negotiation skills.
- A prerequisite for employment in real estate sales
- Always updated to cover the most current laws
- Work experience in a real estate branch office, with assessments conducted in the field
- Lecturers who are qualified real estate professionals, with years of industry experience
- Hands-on learning and classroom experience
- Small classes - anywhere between 15 and 40 students
- Guest speakers are professionals who are currently active in the industry (advertising, marketing, auction, sales)
- Flexible study options: choose from two different campus locations
- Good support system with a dedicated tutor
- Unitec Mt Albert Campus
139 Carrington Road, Mount Albert, Building 182, Room 2003
- North Shore
Candida Office Park, 61 Constellation Drive, Rosedale on Level 2, Building 3 (Strakker/ Bartercard building)
Please Note: This campus provides teaching only, any administration tasks are managed at our Mt Albert Campus.
Some assessment of this qualification happens in class, so you'll need to check that you can attend every class before enrolling in this programme. You will also need to complete approximately 6 hours of Industry-Based Learning (IBL) outside of class time. Your assessment is done by an authorised branch manager, who works directly with you during your IBL experience.
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. A minimum of 12 credits at NCEA Level 1 in two different subjects, one subject must be English
2. Be at least 16 years old by the time the programme begins
3. A minimum of four years secondary education
4. If English is your second language, you will need one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don't meet these requirements? We also accept:
- A relevant qualification at Level 2 on the NZQF or above or an equivalent qualification; or
- Provide sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
- You are required to also have a work visa for entry into this programme.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses, please click on the course names below. Please note that our systems are updating with new course timetable information for 2020; the course timetables for 2020 will be available in mid-November.
|New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (BEBP4007)||50.0 credits (0.417 EFTS)||The purpose of this qualification is to provide the real estate industry with people who hold a broad operational and technical knowledge of the real estate industry. Graduates of this qualification will have met the qualification requirements to be a licensed salesperson and, once licensed, will be able to operate under supervision to comply with the Real Estate Agents Act 2008 (as per section 50).|