- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To develop awareness of the internal and external information networks that contribute to the public image of an organisation. Students will evaluate the communication management requirements of those networks in a variety of stable, change and crisis situations.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Pre-requisite: COMM6535 or COMM6435. Restriction: COMM7436.
- Topics include:
The macro / micro information environment of organisations.
Relationships between internal and external organisational information networks.
Media management, public relations management
Theories of persuasion, mass media, social diffusion theory
Determinants of public image, identity & reputation, advocacy & lobbying methodologies, communication and information strategies in stable, change or crisis situations.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|23 Jul 18 - 24 Sep 18||Lecture||Monday||12:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (170-2066)|
|15 Oct 18 - 19 Nov 18||Lecture||Monday||12:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (170-2066)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Creative Enterprise, Bachelor of Communication (Event Management), Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations), Graduate Diploma in Creative Enterprise, Graduate Diploma in Event Communication.