- 15.0 (0.125 EFTS)
- This course will enable students to manage a client case load with appropriate managerial and professional supervision and be able to account for the safety and effectiveness of their practice. Students will reflect on and critique their own practice, articulating the links between theory and practice. A minimum of 200 face to face counselling hours with 20 hours of professional supervision is required.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: CSTU7351. Co-requisite: CSTU8019. Students must enrol in both CSTU8020-SA & CSTU8020-SB to complete this course.
- Topics include:
Reflecting on counselling practice; professional/managerial/peer supervision; analysing transcripts and recordings; reflecting teams; ethical practice.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|2 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||Lecture||Friday||12:00 - 15:00||Waitakere (510-3037)|
|4 May 18 - 29 Jun 18||Lecture||Friday||12:00 - 15:00||Waitakere (510-3037)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling.