- Current students
- Under 25s
AWS re/Start is a full-time, classroom-based programme which will prepare you for a career in cloud computing and connect you to potential employers, through an internship with one of our industry partners.
The programme aims to increase the number of Māori and Pasifika in the IT sector, as well as people impacted by COVID-19, by providing unique training and career opportunities. AWS re/Start is a global programme delivered in New Zealand in partnership with Te Pūkenga.
You will learn through real-world scenario-based exercises, as well as hands-on labs and coursework. Learn to build Linux, Python, network and security systems, and relational databases and develop practical career skills such as interview preparation and CV advice.
The programme covers the cost of the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification exam, so you can validate your cloud skills with an industry-recognised credential.
Ultimately, AWS re/Start can help you prepare for entry-level cloud computing roles in operations, site reliability, infrastructure support, and technical-adjacent business support functions.
What is cloud computing? Watch this video to learn more about cloud computing.
What skills will I learn? Technical skills:
- How cloud computing works
- AWS Cloud skills
- How to use different programming languages
- Build skills aligned with AWS Certification – you’ll prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification
Behaviour & Mindset skills:
- Effective communication
- Time management
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this course you need to be:
- a Māori or Pacific learner; or
- someone who’s affected by COVID-19 eg. through job loss, unemployment or redundancy.
04 October 2021
Fees free for eligible learners.
Full-time for 12 weeks.
How to apply
Apply for the AWS re/Start programme:
To be eligible for admission for this programme you:
- must be a New Zealand citizen/resident.
- be 16 years old by the time the programme starts.
- must have general IT technical knowledge and/or NCEA Level 2 or above in computing, or equivalent; or demonstrated capability through work experience.
- must attend an interview with academic staff and industry placement provider to be successfully enrolled to the programme.
AWS re/Start is a global programme delivered in New Zealand in collaboration with Te Pūkenga.
Unitec New Zealand Limited (Unitec) is a subsidiary of Te Pūkenga, which delivers the AWS re/Start.