- Current students
This short course is designed to give automotive electricians an overview of basic and advanced techniques of using a digital oscilloscope for vehicle diagnosis.
Topics covered on this short course include:
- Overview of available oscilloscopes
- Basic adjustments and triggering to capture a pattern
- Sample patterns: ECU input signals and output commands, and what to look for that’s either good or bad
- Ignition patterns and how to get them: Secondary voltage, primary voltage and primary amperage patterns
- Relative compression testing: Using DC motor CEMF characteristics, high amp pickups, and ignition triggering to diagnose low compression
- Fuel pump testing: Using low amp probes to diagnose intermittent problems
- Other applications: Pressure/vacuum transducers at fuel rail, intake or exhaust manifolds
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Unitec Certificate of Attendance.
See fees in the "Classes" section below.
Minimum Enrolment Number
This is the minimum number of students required to run the class. Should this not be reached, the class will be cancelled. Students will be notified ahead of closure should this occur. Before you make any travel or accomodation arrangements, please check that your course is running.
Maximum Enrolment Number
See the classes section below. If these dates don't suit you and/or if you're interested in being notified of future upcoming, please Register your interest in this short course.