|IMS Service Availability Status|
Service Availability Status: OK.
|IMS Help Desk Hours of Support|
|Phone and Mt Albert Hub Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 8.00pm || Saturday: 9.00am - 4.00pm || Sunday: Closed
Building 3 and Waitākere Hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 4.30pm
Unitec has Wi-Fi capability across both our campuses. Instructions on where to connect is below and guides for some devices are provided at the bottom of this page. See also Eduroam Network
Which Network should I use?
Your device will indicate how strong the Wi-Fi signal is, move to an area where the signal is stronger. Like all Wi-Fi networks the signal can fluctuate depending on demand, so timing and proximity to classes may affect a signal, but be fine at other times.
There are two Networks recommended for Students:
- Unitec E-Learn – this is for personal devices, and is compatible with most devices. This is recommended network for students. Unitec E-Learn has the advantage of not requiring regular sign in.
- Unitec Hotspot – this is for personal devices, and is compatible with all devices. Unitec Hotspot requires regular verification of password.
Important: Devices will prompt for your new Wi-Fi password whenever you change your Unitec network password .
How do I Connect?
- Go to the WiFi settings on your device
- Choose either Unitec-eLearn or Unitec-Hotspot
- Enter your unitec username and password when prompted (your computer login one)
These guides show how to connect to Unitec E-Learn on some common devices:
If you need further assistance visit the IMS Help Desk or phone 0800 275 467