- Current students
- Under 25s
This scholarship is for ākonga who have graduated from a Youth Guarantee programme at Unitec, and are continuing on to a new programme of study.
An outcome of the Youth Guarantee Mentor Scholarship and programme is to provide a strong support system for incoming Youth Guarantee students, new to tertiary education and Unitec.
|Award value: $1,500||Number available: approx 3|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: email@example.com or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Unitec recognises that financial support is an important consideration for our ākonga in planning their next steps. The scholarship provides financial support and leadership and mentoring opportunities for Youth Guarantee graduates. Youth Guarantee graduates who have done well in their studies and want to progress to a new programme, are encouraged to apply.
Key Dates for 2022 Applications
Open 17th December 2021 | Closes 18th March 2022
To apply, you must:
- be a domestic student, i.e., a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- be completing or have successfully completed a Level 3 Youth Guarantee scheme programme at Unitec; and
- be enrolling in a Level 4-7 programme (certificate, diploma, or undergraduate degree) in 2022, that takes at least one semester of full-time study to complete.
Please read the Youth Guarantee Mentor Scholarship Regulations for more information.
Selection will be based on a combination of:
- motivation to succeed in their new course;
- commitment to the Youth Guarantee Mentoring programme and supporting current Youth Guarantee students;
- demonstrated organisational and time management skills; and
- previous study GPA may be considered.
Preference may be given to recent Youth Guarantee graduates, applicants aged between 18 – 25 years, and applicants who have not been a Youth Guarantee Mentor in previous semesters/years.