- Current students
- Under 25s
The Youth Guarantee Mentor Scholarship and programme aims to provide a strong support system for incoming Youth Guarantee students new to tertiary education and Unitec. Youth Guarantee Mentor Scholarships were developed to provide leadership and mentoring opportunities for Youth Guarantee graduates who have been successful in the programme and continued on to further study at Unitec.
|Award value: $1,000||Number available: 10 x Sem 1 2020; 10 x Sem 2 2020|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Scholarships Team: firstname.lastname@example.org|
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- New Zealand citizen or holder of a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa.
- Be a current full-time Unitec student enrolled in a Diploma or Degree Level programme.
- Successfully completed the Youth Guarantee programme at Unitec.
- Preference may be given to applicants:
- Aged between 18-25 years
- Have not been a Youth Guarantee Mentor in previous semesters/years
Recipient Selection Criteria
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen course
- Commitment to the Youth Guarantee Mentor programme, supporting current Youth Guarantee students and attending Youth Guarantee Mentor training
- Commitment to benefiting their local and Unitec communities
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Previous Study GPA may be considered.
Before starting an application, you should have the following ready as you cannot save or edit your application once you have started it:
Short Answers (100-150 words per each question) to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in your programme of study and what motivates you to succeed in your studies?
- Why are you interested in being a Youth Guarantee Mentor?
- What qualities do you have that will make you a good mentor for Youth Guarantee students?
- Give an example of ways you have been involved with your local or Unitec community and how you may have benefited it?
- How do you manage your time with studies and responsibilities you have outside of this (example: work, family, etc) ?
- How will this Scholarship help support you in your studies?
Applications open Monday 14th of October and close Friday 31st of October
Please read the Youth Guarantee Mentor Scholarship Regulations for full details.