- Current students
- Under 25s
This scholarship is for students who are completing, or have already completed, a Unitec programme and who want to continue studying in a new Unitec programme in 2023.
The scholarship is open to domestic students across Unitec, in Level 4 to 8 programmes that take at least one semester of full-time study to complete.
|Award value: $1,500||Number available: Varies|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Unitec recognises that financial support is an important consideration for our ākonga in planning their next steps. This scholarship provides both financial support and mentoring opportunities in the first year of a new programme of study. Learners who have done well in their studies and want to progress to a new programme, are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Applications for 2023 are closed.
Opens 15th November 2022 | Round 1 Closed 23rd January 2023 | * Round 2 Closes 20th March 2023
*Note: Round 2 applications will be considered dependent on available funding
To apply, you must:
- be a domestic student, i.e. a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident;
- be completing or have completed a Level 3 - 8 programme at Unitec;
- be enrolling in a new Level 3 - 8 programme that Unitec in Semester 1, 2023, which takes at least one semester of full-time study to complete; and
- have a minimum GPA of 3.5 in your most recent semester of study
Please read the Unitec Progression Scholarship Regulations for more information.
Award recommendations will be based on a combination of:
- GPA scores
- responses to the scholarship questions
- Unitec and Te Pūkenga priority group goals
Preference may be given to ākonga who:
- demonstrate that financial support will have an impact on their ability to pursue their studies