- Current students
- Under 25s
The Unitec Pacific Academic Support Scholarships were established in 2019 to encourage Pacific students who have achieved academic success, but are experiencing hardships that impact their studies. The Pacific Academic Potential Scholarship Recipients are expected to be involved and participate in the Unitec Pacific Community.
|Award value: maximum value $1,000 to assist in covering education related costs||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Scholarships Team: firstname.lastname@example.org|
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- New Zealand citizen or holder of a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time1 programme of study at Unitec (Level 3-8).
- Completed at least one semester of study at Unitec AND passed more than 50% of courses in previous semester.
- Have accessed Student Support Financial Assistance at Unitec.
- Be enrolled as a Pacific student
- Financial Need, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen course, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Commitment to benefiting their local and Unitec communities, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- In addition to the above selection criteria, preference may be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following characteristics:
- If you have a disability
- If you are the first in your immediate family to pursue tertiary education (beyond school)
- If you are a single parent
Please read the Unitec Pacific Academic Support Scholarships Regulations for full details.
Before starting an application, you should have the following ready as you cannot save or edit you application once you have started it:
1. Short Answers (100-150 words per each question) to the following questions:
- Why have you chosen to study at Unitec, what motivates you to do well in your studies and the programme you hope to do?
- Give an example of ways you have been involved with your local community and how you may have benefited it?
- What ways do you plan to get involved in the Unitec Community?
Applications for 2020 have now closed.