- Current students
- Under 25s
Unitec Excellence Scholarships
This scholarship is for high achieving learners in undergraduate degrees at Unitec, who are motivated to make a positive difference in society.
|Award value: $1,500||Number available: Varies|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: email@example.com or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Unitec recognises that financial support is an important consideration for our ākonga in managing their study goals. The scholarship provides both financial support and mentoring opportunities. Learners who can demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to applying the essence of Ako – where everyone teaches and everyone learns - are encouraged to apply.
Applications for 2023 are closed.
Open 15th November 2022 | Closes 20th March 2023
To apply, you must:
- be a domestic student, i.e., a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident;
- have completed and passed a minimum of 60 credits within your current undergraduate degree (level 7 programme) at Unitec;
- be continuing in your current programme of study as a full (or pre-approved part-time) student;
- have at least one semester of study left to complete your current degree; and
- have a GPA of 6.0 (which equates to a B+ average) or above in your most recent semester of study.
Please read the Unitec Excellence Scholarship Regulations for more information.
Award recommendations will be based on a combination of:
- GPA scores
- responses to the scholarship questions
- Unitec and Te Pūkenga priority group goals
Preference may be given to ākonga who:
- demonstrate that financial support will have an impact on their ability to pursue their studies