- Current students
The Kate Edger Educational Charitable Trust Veterinary Nursing Award was established in 2018 by an anonymous donor to encourage female students wanting to pursue a Bachelor of Veterinary Nursing at Unitec.
|Award value: $7,000||Number available: 1|
|Provider: The Kate Edger Educational Charitable Trust|
|Contact: Scholarships Team: email@example.com|
For the full scholarship regulations, please read The Kate Edger Educational Charitable Trust Veterinary Nursing Award Regulations.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Female New Zealand citizen or holder of a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa.
- Be currently enrolled full-time at Unitec in the New Zealand Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or the Bachelor of Veterinary Nursing 2nd or 3rd year.
- Achieved a grade point average of 4.5 (B) or above for previous semester's study if completed at Unitec.
- For new Unitec students: must meet the entry criteria for the selected programme of study.
- All candidates must apply using the Unitec online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen course, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- Demonstrate a passion for companion animal care, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- Commitment to benefiting their local and Unitec communities, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- In addition to the above selection criteria, Preference may be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First in family to pursue tertiary education
- Financial Need
Before starting an application, you should have the following ready as you cannot save or edit your application once you have started it:
Short Answers (100-150 words per each question) to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in your programme of study? What motivates you to succeed in your studies?
- Why have you chosen to pursue Animal care as a choice of study?
- If you answered yes earlier to facing financial hardship, please outline your financial situation and financial need
- How will you contribute to your local and Unitec communities?
- How will this scholarship help support you in your studies?
- Do you plan to progress to further study once you complete the Diploma? & what do those future plans look like?
- Please list any student groups or activities you have been involved with while studying? Please include the length of involvement and your role
Applications for 2020 have now closed