- Current students
Kordia and Unitec Cyber Excellence Scholarships were established in 2017 in conjunction with Kordia New Zealand Limited to financially assist students of cyber security who are intending to complete a Bachelor of Computing Systems at Unitec and to offer them an opportunity to gain work experience in New Zealand.
|Award value: $5,000 and the opportunity to participate in an internship||Number available: Up to 2|
|Contact: Scholarships Team: email@example.com|
Applications are now open for this scholarship.
Monday, 25 November, 2019.
The Kordia and Unitec Cyber Excellence Scholarship were established in 2017 in conjunction with Kordia New Zealand Limited to financially assist students of cyber security who are intending to complete a Bachelor of Computing Systems at Unitec and to offer them an opportunity to gain work experience in New Zealand.
Please read the Kordia and Unitec Cyber Excellence Scholarship Regulations for full details.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Computing Systems at Unitec and planning to be enrolled full-time in their 3rd year (Level 7) during the year for which the Scholarship is awarded; and
- Have successfully completed or is currently undertaking a Level 6 cyber security course, currently Fundamental Concepts in Cyber Security (ISCG6407); and
- Have committed to study at least 2 of the 3rd year cyber security courses: currently Computer Systems Security (ISCG7400), Computer Forensic Investigations (ISCG7404), Advanced Cyber Security (ISCG7407), Malware Analysis (ISCG7408):
- Must have achieved a grade point average of B+ or above on compulsory and cyber security elective year 2 courses.
- Academic performance to date in subjects relevant to their intended degree.
- Commitment to study, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Motivation and desire to become a leader in the field of cyber security, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Commitment to undertake an internship at Kordia, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
Please have the following information ready before you start the application as you cannot save and return to it:
- An introductory cover letter describing why you would be a great addition to the Kordia team and what you would like to develop and learn during your internship with Kordia. Within this letter you should also identify which of the following areas you are most interested in and any current skills you have within this area(s):
- Aura Blue Team - Information Security Governance, Risk, Policy, Compliance. Security Infrastructure and Software Architecture & Design
- Aura Red Team - Web Application, Infrastructure and Mobile Security Testing, Physical Security Assessments, and Social Engineering
- Account Management: Client Account Management, PreSales, Scoping, Project Management, and Service Delivery Management
- Security Awareness Training: Delivering information security and developer training and awareness campaigns
- Short Answers (approx 150 words) to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in your programme of study? What motivates you to succeed in your studies?
- What interests you in the field of cyber security, how will this impact and lead your future career within the industry?
- What are some of the tools/skills you have taught yourself (Self-Learning) that demonstrate your passion for the cyber security industry?
- Provide an example of when you have had to collaborate with others to achieve a shared project or goal
- How will this Scholarship help support you in your studies?
This scholarship is now open for applications.