- Current students
- Under 25s
Need a hand paying for your studies? Unitec - Architecture Practice Pathway has 1 Scholarship up for grabs worth $1,200 per year for Y1 & Y2 for undergraduate students. Use the money to pay for course fees, childcare, transport – whatever you need to make study possible.
|Award value: $1,200 per year for Y1 & Y2||Number available: 1|
|Provider: Unitec - Architecture Practice Pathway|
|Contact: Daniel Irving on 09 815 7199 ext 7199 or email@example.com|
Whāia te mātauranga hei oranga mō tātou
Seek after learning for the sake of our wellbeing
Unitec is offering a two year scholarship for Māori students enrolling in the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) through the Architecture Practice Pathway scholarship programme.
If you are a Māori student and you’re interested in landscape architecture, now is the time to apply for a scholarship. We are seeking applications from people of all ages entering their first year of study in the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture programme.
About the KORA Scholarship
The scholarship is open to students of Māori descent and who enrol in the first year of the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture programme at Unitec.
The scholarship contributes $1,200 to your yearly tuition fees for your first two years of study in the four year BLA programme.
If you think that landscape architecture is the career for you then enrol and apply for your scholarship now.
How do I apply and enrol?
- Please complete an online application for the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- Complete this online application for the KORA Landscape Architecture Māori Scholarship
To be eligible for admission to the Landscape Architecture Māori Scholarship, you must meet the general admission and English language requirements of the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture.
Scholarship Selection and Eligibility Criteria
- Be of Māori descent.
- Submit an A3 composition depicting your views on the name of the scholarship – KORA (the spark of inspiration in the journey from darkness to light) – this composition can be computer generated, collage, hand drawn, photographic, 3 dimensional or a combination of the above – we want you to explore your creativity and have fun!
- Achieve a B- grade average in each semester of study for each year of the scholarship.
- Two endorsements of your application by runanga, Marae or kaumatua is encouraged.
- The successful applicant is required to be a member of Te Tau-a-nuku and will be invited to sit on the Architecture Practice Pathway Maori Advisory Committee (MAC).
- Awarding of the Scholarship will be at the discretion of Te Kora Komiti (made up of 3 members: BLA Programme Leader, Dean Matauranga Maori, MAC Maori representative (non-student).
If there are more applicants than places available, selection will be made according to a combination of the criteria outlined above including an assessment of the submitted A3 composition.
If you would like to discuss your application in more detail, please contact Daniel Irving on 09 815 7199 ext 7199 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closes at the end of Feb 2017 for the 2017 intake.