- Current students
- Under 25s
The purpose of the Scholarship is to provide financial support to high achieving international learners in undergraduate degree programmes who are motivated to make a positive difference in society.
International Academic Excellence Scholarship Recipients are expected to be involved and participate in the Unitec International community.
|Award value: $1,500||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Unitec recognises that financial support is an important consideration for our ākonga in managing their study goals. The scholarship provides both financial support and mentoring opportunities.
Learners who can demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to applying the essence of Ako – where everyone teaches and everyone learns are encouraged to apply.
Open and Close Dates
Open 14th January 2022 | Closes 26th April 2022
To apply, you must:
- be an international student and hold a valid student visa
- have completed and passed at least 2 semesters of full-time study (minimum 90 credits for international students) within your current Level 6 or 7 undergraduate diploma or degree programme at Unitec
- have passed all courses during the previous 2 semesters of study
- be continuing in your current programme of study as a full-time student (minimum 45 credits enrolment)
- have at least one semester of study left to complete your current programme
- have a GPA of 6.0 (which equates to a B+ average) or above in your most recent semester of study
Please read the 2022 International Academic Excellence Scholarship Regulations for more information.
The Selection Committee will review all eligible applications and make award recommendations based on a combination of:
- academic achievement (GPA scores);
- responses to the application questions; and
- attendance may also be considered