- Current students
The Unitec International Academic Excellence Scholarships were established in 2019 to encourage international students to succeed in their studies at Unitec.
|Award value: $1,000||Number available: Up to 44|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Scholarships Team: firstname.lastname@example.org|
The Unitec International Academic Excellence Scholarships were established in 2019 to encourage international students to succeed in their studies at Unitec. The International Excellence Scholarship Recipients are expected to be involved and participate in the Unitec international Community.
Please read the International Academic Excellence Scholarship Regulations for full details.
We have up to 44 International Academic Excellence Scholarships available. Up to two recipients per school will be granted the scholarship, each in one of the following categories:
Category 1: New student – students who are currently in their first semester of study at Unitec, with no previous Unitec study.
Category 2: Current student – students who have completed at least 1 semester of Study at Unitec.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an international student and hold a valid student visa.
- Enrolled full-time in a Unitec programme of study (Level 4-8) at the time of application.
- Have at least one semester of study remaining in their programme or show evidence (conditional/unconditional offer letter) of progression into another Unitec programme at the same or higher level the semester following their application.
- As part of the scholarship application a letter of recommendation from a Lecturer or tutor is required.
- Current student category only: Passed all courses during the previous semester of study.
- Academic Achievement
- Level 5 and above: GPA from current semester of study at Unitec.
- Level 4: as demonstrated in letter of recommendation from lecturer or tutor.
- Attendance: Academic Leaders will provide student attendance rates for current semester of study.
- Engagement & contribution to classes, as demonstrated in letter of recommendation from lecturer or tutor.
- Commitment to benefiting their local and Unitec communities, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
Before starting an application, you should have the following ready as you cannot save or edit you application once you have started it:
1. Short Answers (100-150 words per each question) to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in your programme of study?
- What motivates you to succeed in your studies?
- What ways do you get involved in the Unitec Community?
- How will this Scholarship help support you in your studies?
This scholarship is now open for applications.