- Current students
The Bachelor of Social Practice Scholarship was established in 2019 to encourage students to pursue a Bachelor of Social Practice at Unitec. Priority is given to newly enrolled students on the programme.
|Award value: $2,000||Number available: Up to 3|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Scholarships Team: firstname.lastname@example.org|
The Bachelor of Social Practice Scholarship was established in 2019 to encourage students to pursue a Bachelor of Social Practice at Unitec. Priority is given to newly enrolled students on the programme for semester 2, 2019.
Please read the Bachelor of Social Practice Scholarship Regulations for full details.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- New Zealand citizen or holder of a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa.
- Be starting the Bachelor of Social Practice the semester the scholarship is awarded.
- Must meet the entry criteria for the Bachelor of Social Practice.
- Have submitted an application to Unitec to be admitted full-time into a Bachelor of Social Practice.
- Priority is given to newly enrolled students on the programme for semester 2, 2019.
Recipient Selection Criteria
- For those applicants entering into a Bachelor (level 5) programme, NCEA results may be considered.
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen course, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Commitment to benefiting their local and Unitec communities, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
- Priority may also be given to:
- Students under the age 25
- First in Family to pursue Higher Educational
- Single Parents
Before starting an application, you should have the following ready as you cannot save or edit you application once you have started it:
Short Answers (100-150 words per each question) to the following questions:
- Why have you chosen to study at Unitec, what motivates you to do well in your studies and the programme you hope to do?
- What are your future goals and how do you plan to get there?
- Give an example of how you have been involved and benefitted your whanau, hapu and/or Iwi.
- What ways do you plan to get involved in your local and Unitec Community?
- How will this Scholarship help support you in your studies?
Applications open Monday 10th of June and close Monday 8th of July
Applications for 2019 have now closed