Students and staff can get the flu shot for free at our medical centre, Te Puna Waiora, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Getting a flu shot on campus
You must make an appointment with us to receive your free flu vaccine.
Days and times
DAYS Tuesdays and Thursdays
TIMES 8.30am - 3.30pm
How to make an appointment
Contact our medical centre, Te Puna Waiora, to book an appointment. Contact details below:
You must download, complete, and email back a vaccination consent form before your scheduled appointment.
Please indicate on the consent form if you'll be arriving by car, bike, or on foot.
How long will the appointment take?
Please allow 30 minutes for your flu vaccination. As a precautionary measure, after being immunised, you are required to stay for a 20 minute observation period.
Arriving on campus
We are vaccinating people in their cars where possible to maintain social distancing as best we can.
Do wear clothes that easily expose your upper arm area and wear a mask if you have one.
If you arrive by car:
- Please park in the carpark outside the Red Lecture Theatre
- Toot your horn to alert the medical centre staff that you have arrived
- Right-handers move into the passenger’s seat of your car; left-handers stay in the driver’s seat
- Leave your car door/window open, roll up your sleeve to expose your shoulder & wait for the nurse
- Keep your head turned away from the nurse as much as possible
Bike or foot
If you arrive on foot or bike, we have an area that you can wait for the 20 minutes outside under cover.
Call and speak to one of the nurses if you have any health queries or concerns about the flu vaccine on 0800 10 85 10
Are you enrolled with Te Puna Waiora?
If you enrol with us as your primary health care provider, you'll receive low-cost health and medical services. For more information about our services at Te Puna Waiora, visit our Medical Centre page.