Part two of Engaging with Religious Diversity looks at ways of engaging with religious diversity, individually and in the community, as this is enacted on campus.
You'll explore such topics as:
- Overlaps between ‘identity’ and ‘religion’
- Challenges of “the freedom to practice religion”
- Major similarities and differences between (and within) religious communities
- Opportunities and restrictions on ‘bringing your religion to work’
- Tools to help us to engage with ‘religious diversity in the workplace’ and on the campus
- Tools for one-to-one conversations around diversity of religious identity and expression
- Identifying religious discrimination and how we might live and work better together
- Creating a safe inclusive diverse respectful and professional workplace and environment
You must have attended Part One of the Engaging with Religious Diversity workshops to be able attend this one.
Your facilitator is Ricky Waters, Co-ordinator of the Unitec Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Team for 16 years, and a trustee of the Religious Diversity Centre in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Date, Time, Location
|Date||Friday 14 September|
|Time||10am - 12pm|
|Location||Building 182, Room 2001, Mt Albert campus|
You'll need to register for this workshop.
You must have attended Part One of Engaging with Religious Diversity before you can attend this workshop.