Part one of Engaging with Religious Diversity is a general introduction to Religious Diversity, and the opportunities and challenges this presents to us on campus.
You'll explore such topics as:
- Some of the ‘whats’ and ‘whys’ of religion
- Spirituality, faith, religion
- Relationships between religion and culture
- World religions & religions in New Zealand and Auckland specifically
- Our own understandings of various world religions
- Religion and lifestyle choices
- New Zealand National Religious Diversity Statement
- Expectations for ‘living out my own religion’ in a ‘civil society’
Your facilitator is Ricky Waters, Co-ordinator of the Unitec Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Team for 16 years, and a trustee of the Religious Diversity Centre in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Date, Time, Location
|Date||Friday 7 September|
|Time||10am - 12pm|
|Location||Building 78, Mt Albert campus|
You'll need to register for this workshop.
Part two of this workshop will be delivered on Friday September 14 September, 10am - 12pm. You can register for this workshop at the same time.