ACCEPTING PROPOSALS FOR 2014
Snowwhite gallery is located and run by the Department of Design and Visual Arts at Unitec. It aims are to provide a professional gallery to exhibit and promote works which reflects excellence and innovation in art, craft and design, from within the Design Department. (lecturers, post graduates, students and external collaborators which develop work with the Design department).
We welcome proposals from individuals and groups form the Design Department for consideration to present a professional exhibition in the Snowwhite Gallery during 2014.
The following must be included with the proposal:
- A cover page with the project title, a brief project summary, name(s) of applicant(s), and/ or contributors, institutional affiliation (current or past) if appropriate, address, contact telephone number, cell phone number, email address, preferred dates.
- The Project Background The Project Outline – This should identify the aims and projected outcomes.
- Short, biography of each of the project’s key personnel.
- Support material –digital images of previous work (15 images are recommended) or written eg. catalogue essays, reviews and articles.
- A signed agreement between Snowwhite Gallery at Unitec and the Exhibiting Artist - Agreement Snowhite Gallery (PDF).
Written proposals for exhibitions must be emailed to the Manager (Paula Buckley) for processing by 1st Dec 2014.
All proposals that are submitted are considered. However, the scale and type of the project could impact on whether it can be accommodated into the exhibition programme, despite its merit s. All exhibitions are structured over a calender month. This allows set-up of 3-4 days at the beginning of the month, the show displayed for three week period and breakdown of 3-4 days at the end of the month ( please state the month you wish to be booked.)
Please download a floorplan of the Snowhite Gallery here – Floorplan (PDF).
Dr Deirdre Brown, Dr Tressa Berman, Linda Tyler, John Reynolds, Dr Dorita Hannah, Dr Lisa Grocott, Philip Clarke, Dr David Cross, Dr Keith Russell, Ian Gwilt and Jonty Valentine.
Double blind peer review of proposals are offered by the Department of Design and Visual Arts, but is not mandatory.
Formal guidelines and procedures for Peer Review can be downloaded here – Peer Review Template (PDF).