Terms and Conditions of Use for this website
Unitec Institute of Technology (“Unitec”)
1. Unitec welcomes public access to the information on this website www.Unitec.ac.nz (“the Site”) subject to the legal use of copyright material on the Site in accordance with the terms set out in the Copyright Act 1994 (“the Act”) and the Privacy Act 1993.
The contents of this Site, including (without limitation) text, graphics, images, trademarks, logos, button icons, software and other data (referred to here collectively as the "Site material"), are owned by Unitec or its staff or content suppliers and are protected under New Zealand copyright, trademark and other laws. You agree not to infringe any intellectual property rights in the Site material.
Any commercial exploitation of this Site material is expressly prohibited without the written permission of Unitec.
2. The use of this Site is conditional on and subject to these Terms and Conditions of Use (‘the Terms”). Please read these Terms carefully before accessing any part of the Site. You (the term used in these Terms to refer to any person or entity accessing or using the Site) are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms if you access any part of this Site. Unitec reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time and will publish notice of any modifications on the Site. Your continued use of the Site is deemed to be acceptance of the Terms as modified from time to time.
3. Unitec grants you a licence (in accordance with the Act):
- To retrieve Site material for information only;
- To save or download a copy of Site material for personal use;
- To send Site material to your printer for personal use to communicate the information to other actual and potential users, as long as you make no charge for such use;
- Site material is not used for any commercial purpose;
- You explicitly acknowledge the Site as the source of any copy of Site material you make;
- You make no modification to the Site material without the written permission of Unitec.
4. You may use the Site for legal purposes only. If a third party claims that any Site material you have contributed to a forum or linked site is an unlawful act, you will bear the legal responsibility of establishing that the material has not been used unlawfully. If you add content which is Site material to a forum or linked site, you will be deemed to have undertaken that such content is in the public domain and you will not claim ownership of, or exclusive copyrights or trademark rights in, such content. No Unitec system, computing resource or Site must be used to disseminate unsolicited advertising or promotional material of any kind.
5. The Site is hosted on Unitec servers located on the Unitec campus in New Zealand. You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms or any content posted to the Site (including copying and republishing it) whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, will be governed by the laws of New Zealand. Further, you consent to the jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the courts located in and serving New Zealand as the legal forum for any such dispute.
6. Unitec provides links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties from its Site. Such linked sites are not under the control of Unitec and Unitec is not responsible for the contents (including the accuracy, legality or decency) of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Unitec is providing these links to you only as a convenience and at your own risk, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Unitec of the linked site. Unitec is not responsible for the copyright compliance of any linked site. Unitec will not be liable for any damages or loss arising in any way out of or in connection with or incidental to any information or third party service provided by any third party. Unitec does not warrant that those sites will operate in an uninterrupted or error – free manner or that sites are free of viruses or other harmful components.
7. You agree to indemnify and hold Unitec harmless from any claims, losses, or damages (including legal fees) resulting from your breach of these Terms, your use of the Site, or your placement of any content which is Site material onto another site. You also agree to fully cooperate in Unitec’s defence against any such claims.
Unitec uses reasonable care to ensure that the information on this website is accurate. However as the information covered, including the availability, structure and cost of programmes and courses, is subject to regular review, users should refer to the originating department or unit for confirmation of the accuracy and currency of the material. To the extent permitted by law, Unitec is not liable for, and makes no warranties or representations as to such accuracy and may change or correct any such information without prior notice.
Unitec does not take any responsibility for web pages that display the work of students. Student work does not necessarily reflect the policies of Unitec and Unitec cannot guarantee the accuracy or suitability of information given on this website.
Many hypertext links are provided to a number of external websites, Unitec does not accept responsibility for the material on these external sites.
9. Use of macrons
Unitec supports the use of Maori language and the Maori Language Commission guideline that macrons be used in Maori words where appropriate. However due to limitations in current technology we cannot guarantee that macrons will display correctly on all browser platforms, for this reason macrons are not used on this website. This policy will be amended when technology permits correct macron display across all browser platforms.
10. Other information relating to this website and answers to FAQ may be obtained by contacting webmaster@Unitec.ac.nz.