Certificate in Applied Technology (Plumbing and Gasfitting)
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
4, 120 1.0
Full-time for one year
Starts February or July
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2013:
Semester 1: 25 February - 28 June; Semester 2: 22 July - 22 November
NZ$5489 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
|Applications are now open for Semester 2|
Learn the theoretical and practical skills you need for employment in the plumbing and gasfitting industries. Successful completion of this programme could take a year off your apprenticeship.
Want a career as a plumber or gasfitter? In the Certificate in Applied Technology (Plumbing and Gasfitting) you find out how to integrate plumbing and gasfitting services into a building structure, and identify different sources of water, and types of pipes, fittings and pumps. Become knowledgeable about sanitary appliances, fixtures, hot and cold water supply systems, and basic gas theory. You also further your knowledge of the Building Act regulations, and plumbing and gasfitting codes and standards.
- A sound foundation for employment in the plumbing and gasfitting industries.
- A mix of theory and practice.
- Lecturers who have worked in the plumbing and gasfitting industries themselves, and keep up-to-date with changes in technology, materials and regulations.
- Access to Unitec's online e-learning programme.
- Under the guidance of experienced tutors, plumbing and gasfitting and carpentry students work together building relocatable houses on the Unitec campus.
- Cross-credits towards your apprenticeship.
Last edited: 27 August 2012