National Certificate in Drainlaying
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
4, 150 1.25
Part-time evening classes for 48 weeks
Number of places open
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2014 will be advised.
NZ$1205 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
Further your understanding of stormwater intake and outfall structures, sub-soil drainage, retention tanks, surface water collection systems, septic tanks, drains, and drainage systems maintenance.
Are you working in the drainlaying industry, and want to gain industry registration? The National Certificate in Drainlaying gives you a thorough grounding in stormwater intake and outfall structures, sub-soil drainage, retention tanks, surface water collection systems, septic tanks, drains, access chambers, drainage systems maintenance, and trade equipment and power tools.
As all applicants must be employed in the industry it's essential that you complete an Acknowledgement of Training and Education Responsibility form and have it signed by your employer. Forms are available on www.plumbing.unitec.ac.nz
- Unitec is the only tertiary provider in Auckland offering both theory and practical courses in drainlaying to enable you to become a registered drainlayer.
- Follows the syllabus required by the NZ Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board.
- A mix of theory classes and practical assessment.
- Highly qualified staff, many of whom have owned and operated their own businesses.
- Strong ties with the plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying industries.
Prepare for success
Well-prepared students have the best chance of success in their studies, so we've put together a free online guide so you can refresh and sharpen some of the skills you'll use on this programme.
Last edited: 15 November 2013