Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
3, 120 1.0
Full-time for one year
Starts February or July
Mt Albert campus | Northern campus
Semester dates for 2014:
Semester 1: 24 February - 27 June; Semester 2: 21 July - 21 November
NZ$5230 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
|This programme is also offered at our Northern campus in Albany|
To be eligible for admission, applicants must meet the general, or the discretionary, or the special admission requirements and they must also meet any programme-specific admission requirements.
Applicants must also meet the English language requirements and may be interviewed.
Generic Admission Requirements
All applicants must be at least 16 years of age on the date of the programme's commencement for the semester in which they wish to enrol (or provide a completed Early Release Exemption form).
For Level 3 Certificate programmes applicants must have a minimum of 3 years secondary education, OR a Unitec Certificate in Foundation Studies: Whitinga (Level 2), OR equivalent.
Applicants must have:
- Attained the age of 20 years on or before the first day of the semester in which study for the Certificate is to commence; AND
- Have provided sufficient evidence of aptitude or appropriate work or other life experience that would indicate a successful outcome in the qualification.
In exceptional cases an applicant who does not meet the general admission requirements and who has not reached the age of 20 on or before the first day of the semester in which study for the Certificate is to commence may apply for discretionary admission.
In assessing whether to grant discretionary admission in exceptional cases, the primary focus will be on the applicant's level of preparedness for study at the required level.
English language entry
Applicants must have achieved a minimum standard of English as follows:
For Level 3 Certificate programmes applicants must have one of the following:
- A minimum of 8 credits at NCEA Level 1 in English
- Completion of NZ Certificate in English Language (NZCEL) Level 3 with endorsement of either General or Workplace or Academic
- An overall IELTS band score (Academic Format) of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5
- An overall TOEFL pBT (Paper based Test) score of 500 (plus essay TWE of 4) or an overall TOEFL iBT (Internet based Test ) score of 61 (plus writing score of 20)
- Level B1 under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- First Certificate in English (FCE) OR Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with a score of 41 or higher under the Cambridge International standard tests of English as a foreign language
- Evidence of achievement in English at a level equivalent to above
Programme Specific Admission Requirements
In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants must have at least three years’ secondary schooling (to year 11), and a recommended 10 NCEA credits in Mathematics at Level 1.
Last edited: 04 September 2013