Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
3, 120 1.0
Full-time for one year
Starts February and July
Mt Albert campus | Northern campus
Semester dates for 2013:
Semester 1: 25 February - 28 June; Semester 2: 22 July - 22 November
NZ$5029 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
|Applications are now open for Semester 2|
To be eligible for admission, applicants must meet the general, discretionary or special admission requirements and the English language requirements. Applicants may be interviewed.
- Be at least 16 years of age when the programme begins (or provide a completed Early Release Exemption form, which you can obtain from your local Ministry of Education office); and
- Have at least three years' secondary school education (to Year 11); or
- Have the Unitec Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 2): Whitinga.
It is also recommended that applicants have a minimum of 10 NCEA credits in Mathematics at level 1, or equivalent.
Discretionary admission (for applicants aged under 20)
Applicants who do not meet the general admission requirements and who are less than 20 years of age when the programme begins may be considered for discretionary admission if they can demonstrate aptitude for study at the required level.
Special admission (for applicants aged 20 and over)
Applicants who do not meet the general admission requirements and who are at least 20 years of age when the programme begins may be considered for special admission if they can provide evidence of aptitude or appropriate work or other experience.
- Have a minimum of eight NCEA credits in English at level 1, or equivalent; or
- Have a grade of D or above in New Zealand School Certificate English, or equivalent; or
- Have an overall IELTS band score (Academic) of at least 5.5 (with no band score lower than 5.0), or a TOEFL score of no less than 525, or equivalent; or
- Have an appropriate Unitec English language qualification, such as the Certificate in Intensive English (Upper Intermediate), or equivalent.
Last edited: 27 August 2012