Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
3, 120 1.0
Full-time for one year
Starts February or July
Mt Albert campus | Northern campus
Semester dates for 2014:
Semester 1: 24 February - 27 June; Semester 2: 21 July - 21 November
NZ$5230 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
|This programme is also offered at our Northern campus in Albany|
Increase your knowledge of electrical and electronics engineering. Experiment in our modern electrotechnology laboratories, and learn from staff who have worked in the electrical and electronics industries.
Want to become an electrician, or an audio-visual or electronics technician? The Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering is a recommended pre-employment pathway. Gain practical electrical and electronics engineering skills, and develop a sound core knowledge of service and repairs. Learn safe working techniques and become familiar with electrical test equipment. You also discover the importance of interpersonal and self-management skills, effective communication, teamwork, literacy, numeracy and safe working practices.
- An entry-level programme designed to give you a range of practical skills and knowledge to kick-start a career in the electrical and electronics engineering industries.
- Endorsed by the electrical and electronics engineering industries. Courses are supported by our industry advisory committee made up of industry representatives.
- Practical projects using modern machinery and tools.
- Industry-experienced staff who are still active in industry.
- Access to Unitec's new electrotechnology laboratories.
- Cross-credits towards the Certificate in Applied Technology.
Prepare for success
Well-prepared students have the best chance of success in their studies, so we've put together a free online guide so you can refresh and sharpen some of the skills you'll use on this programme.
Last edited: 11 September 2013