Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
8, 120 1.0
Part-time for 18 months
This programme only starts in July each year
by 30 January. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in February 2013.
Mt Albert campus | Waitakere campus
Semester dates for 2013:
Semester 1: 18 February - 29 June; Semester 2: 26 July - 22 November
Applications for this programme have closed for Semester 2, 2013.
Learn about collaborative counselling approaches, including Narrative Therapy, Solution- focused Therapy and Collaborative Language Systems. Put theory into action through practical experience.
Do you want a career in counselling? The Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling provides you with the skills to work in a diverse range of counselling environments in Aotearoa New Zealand. Explore collaborative counselling approaches, in particular narrative therapy, solution-focused therapy and collaborative language systems. Find out about power relations, and the significance of cultural, historical and social context in the shaping of people's lives.
- As a graduate you can apply for provisional membership of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
- Ethical approach: our lecturers work to the guidelines of the Code of Ethics of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
- Includes a work placement.
- Bi-cultural practice and the study of Maori practice models are key parts of most courses.
- Staff who have extensive counselling experience and are members of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
- Cross-credits towards the Master of Social Practice.
Last edited: 29 November 2012