Diploma in Enrolled Nursing
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
5, 180 1.5
Full-time for 18 months (three semesters)
Applications for 2014 close by 1 November
NZ$5708 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
Want a career as an Enrolled Nurse? Develop fundamental nursing skills and learn to safely deliver patient care across different healthcare settings. Explore acute care, rehabilitation, and mental health and addiction.
Gain the skills to become an Enrolled Nurse. Enrolled Nurses work in a variety of healthcare settings under the direction and delegation of a Registered Nurse. In the Diploma in Enrolled Nursing you develop fundamental nursing skills and explore specific areas of nursing practice such as acute care, rehabilitation, and mental health and addiction. Learn to safely deliver patient care across a range of healthcare settings, and apply your professional judgement to ensure that your nursing practice meets professional, ethical and legal requirements and standards.
- Prepares you for a career as an Enrolled Nurse. Once you've completed this programme you can sit the Nursing Council State Examination, which leads to Enrolled Nurse registration.
- Recognised and approved by the Nursing Council of New Zealand.
- Includes real-world practice experience and clinical-based tutorials in a variety of healthcare settings in rehabilitation, acute care and mental health and addiction.
- Practise what you've learnt at the Education, Practice and Simulation Centre (SimLab) at Waitakere Hospital.
- A supportive learning environment.
- Access to current resources and a computerised library to quickly access relevant up-to-date information.
- Experienced and multi-cultural staff, many of whom still work in clinical nursing practice.
Last edited: 04 September 2013