Certificate in Liaison Interpreting
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
6, 60 0.5
Full-time for 16 weeks (including holidays)
Starts February or July
by 1 February or 1 July
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2014 will be advised.
NZ$2117 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
Gain the skills for a career as a professional liaison interpreter. Learn to perform interpreting tasks using accurate language and register, and develop your vocabulary for various interpreting situations.
Want a career as an interpreter? Are you fluent in two languages? Perhaps you're already working or volunteering as an interpreter and want a formal qualification. The Certificate in Liaison Interpreting is a four-month intensive programme that provides you with professional skills in interpretation (the task of converting spoken statements from one language to another, and from one culture to another). With this certificate, community and government agencies can be sure you have the skills to work effectively and professionally as a liaison interpreter in a range of community settings.
- Emphasis on practical experience: practise what you've learnt in our well-equipped language and computer labs and during group exercises with your fellow students.
- Access to the latest resources to support your learning.
- Friendly and highly skilled lecturers.
- Guest speakers who will inform you about the different situations where liaison interpreters are needed, such as in legal and medical contexts.
- This is a full-time course with an extensive on-line component. Classes are held two evenings per week (Tuesday and Thursday, 6pm-9pm) and on Saturday mornings (9am-12pm).
Last edited: 16 October 2013