Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 3)
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
3, 60 0.5 (4 courses)
Full-time for 16 weeks or part-time options available
Starts February or July
Number of places open
Preferential applications by 1 December or 1 April
Mt Albert campus | Waitakere campus | Northern campus
Semester dates for 2014 will be advised.
NZ$2047 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
|This programme is also offered at our Northern campus in Albany|
To be eligible for admission, applicants must meet the general, discretionary or special admission requirements. Applicants must also meet the English language requirements and may be interviewed.
- Be at least 16 years of age when the programme begins (or provide a completed Early Release Exemption form, which can be obtained from your local Ministry of Education office); and
- Have completed a minimum of three years' secondary school education. International students must have completed Year 11 in their country of origin; and
- Applicants must also meet the English language requirements. See * below.
Discretionary admission (for applicants aged under 20)
Applicants who do not meet the general admission requirements, and who are less than 20 years of age when the programme begins, may be considered for discretionary admission if they can demonstrate aptitude for study at the required level.
Special admission (for applicants aged under 20)
Applicants who do not meet the general admission requirements, and who are at least 20 years of age when the programme begins, may be considered for special admission if they can provide evidence of aptitude, or appropriate work or other relevant experience.
* English Language
- Have a minimum of eight NCEA credits in English at level 1, or equivalent; or
- Have a grade of D or above in New Zealand School Certificate English, or equivalent.
International applicants must:
- Have an overall IELTS band score (Academic) of no less than 5.5 (with no band score lower than 5.0), or a TOEFL score of no less than 525, or equivalent; or
- Have an appropriate English language qualification.
Last edited: 06 September 2013