Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 2)
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
2, 60 0.5 (4 courses)
Full-time for 16 weeks or part-time options available
Starts February or July
Number of places open
Mt Albert campus | Northern campus
This programme will not be offered at Waitakere campus in Semester 1, 2013
Semester dates for 2013:
Semester 1: 25 February - 28 June; Semester 2: 22 July - 22 November
NZ$2047 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
|Applications are now open for Semester 2|
Gain the tertiary study skills, background knowledge and confidence to study at certificate or diploma level. Learn in a supportive adult learning environment.
Do you want to study at certificate or diploma level? Need some guidance to get there? The Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 2) is a pathway programme that prepares you for certificate and diploma level study at Unitec and other tertiary education providers. You can also use it to move up to a higher level foundation certificate if your goal is to join a degree programme.
The Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 2) is not suitable for students with English as an additional language who need an intensive English language course. Please check www.english.unitec.ac.nz.
Please note: To move into a degree programme, you need to complete the Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 3) and/or the Certificate of University Preparation (Level 4).
- Great preparation for study at certificate or diploma level.
- A pathway into the Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 3) and the Certificate of University Preparation
- Get guidance designing a learning pathway that gets you where you want to go.
- Supportive adult learning environment with small classes and one-on-one time with our knowledgeable and friendly lecturers.
- A mix of group interaction, project based learning, seminars, debates, whanau hui, oral and written exercises and self-directed learning.
- Pre-entry assessment and interview to make sure you're studying at the right level.
- Unitec Study Award: When you have completed the programme, you may be able to apply for a Unitec Study Award towards the cost of your fees for another semester of study at Unitec.
To complete the Certificate you need to pass four courses, totalling 60 credits. Each course is worth 15 credits.
- FSTU2011 Basic Maths
- FSTU2012 Basic Maths Additional
- FSTU2101 Understanding Maths A
- FSTU2102 Understanding Maths A Additional
- FSTU2103 Understanding Maths B
- FSTU2104 Understanding Maths B Additional
- FSTU2301 Chemistry 2
- FSTU2302 Chemistry 2 Additional
- FSTU2401 Intro to Science
- FSTU2402 Intro to Science Additional
- FSTU2501 Creative Arts 2
- FSTU2502 Creative Arts 2 Additional
- FSTU2601 Intro to Social Sciences 2
- FSTU2602 Intro to Social Sciences 2 Additional
- FSTU2701 Intro to Humanities 2
- FSTU2702 Intro to Humanities 2 Additional
- FSTU2801 Mana Motuhake 2
Study for free with the Youth Guarantee scheme
The Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 2) is eligible for Youth Guarantee scheme funding for full-time students aged 16 or 17. See the Youth Guarantee scheme page for more information.
Last edited: 12 February 2013