Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership and Management
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
8, 60 0.5
Full-time for six months or part-time for one year
Starts January (full-time), March (part-time) or July (full-time or part-time)
Applications accepted from 1 October.
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2014:
Semester 1: 9 January - 15 August; Semester 2: 7 July - 17 December
NZ$3217 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
Gain the knowledge and skills to take on increased leadership responsibility within a range of education settings. Gain fresh insight and stimulation, and develop the tools you need to take your educational leadership and management practice to the next level.
Do you want to advance your career in the education sector, but can't commit to long-term study? The Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership and Management delivers professional learning for current and aspiring leaders in all education sectors and agencies. It gives you the skills to enhance learning and teaching - whether directly or indirectly. You explore both theory and practice at an advanced level, and learn in a supportive environment from lecturers who are experts in their field.
- A strong focus on professional practice.
- A contemporary and academically sound form of in-depth professional development that ensures your learning is relevant to your career and to today's education environment.
- A chance to share knowledge and experience with other education professionals.
- Academic staff with a wealth of experience in practical and research settings in public and private educational organisations.
- A combination of intensive on-campus study (held during nationally recognised non-teaching breaks) and open learning.
- Part-time or full-time study options available.
- Cross-credit towards the Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership and Management, the Master of Educational Leadership and Management or the Master of Education.
Last edited: 05 September 2013