Master of Education
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
9, 240 2.0
Full-time for two years or part-time for four years
Starts throughout the year
Mt Albert campus
NZ$6187 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
|Applications are now open for Semester 2|
Develop the skills to advance your career in a range of educational sectors. Further your understanding of a number of topics within educational theory, policy and practice, and conduct original research in an area of your interest.
Are you working in the education sector and want to further your professional development? The Master of Education supports educators working in a wide range of educational settings, as well as those with an academic interest in the field of education. Develop the knowledge and skills to advance your career in education. Courses cover a wide range of educational theory, policy and practice, including curriculum and assessment, equity and evaluation in education, education policy, technologies for teaching and learning, and professional development.
- Designed to promote critical engagement with contemporary issues in education.
- Applied in-depth professional learning.
- Opportunities to do applied research: Research topics are selected in relation to participants' areas of interest. Choose between a full thesis and a smaller dissertation, and deepen your understanding of educational research methods.
- Academic staff with experience in practical and research settings in public and private organisations.
- Ideal for graduates with early childhood degrees, those working in adult education and those interested in general educational studies who want to further enhance their professional knowledge.
- Part-time study options available.
Last edited: 27 August 2012