Scholarships, Awards and Grants
(Please note – applications are now closed for 2012. Please check back soon for 2013 application dates.)
This internship programme is for Māori students interested in pursuing a career in research.
Students on this programme will work under the direction and guidance of a senior researcher on an existing research project aligned to the research plan of Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga.
Ten internships will be available for the period from mid-December 2012 through to the end of February 2013. Proposals will be advertised on the Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga website on 1 August, 2012.
• Stipend: $5,000 which will be paid in three installments – the first installment of $1,500 on acceptance of the internship; the second installment of $2,000 on receipt of the approved progress report; and the final installment of $1,500 on receipt of the approved final report.
• Tenure: 10 weeks from 9th December 2012 through to 26th February 2013
• Projects should be a meaningful piece of a larger project or programme that can be completed in 10 weeks time
• Supervision: each intern will be supervised by the researcher who proposed the project
• Project costs must be covered by the research project e.g. consumables, travel costs
Featured AwardsWoman of the Future Scholarship
Are you a young NZ woman aged between 18 – 30? Do you have a career plan or dream that [...]KORA Landscape Architecture Māori Scholarship
Whāia te mātauranga hei oranga mō tātou Seek after learning for the sake of our wellbeing Unitec is offering a [...]Tressa Thomas Retraining Award
Are you a mature woman (over 25) setting out to train or retrain for a qualification that will lead to [...]Whai Ake Maori Mentoring scholarship
Unitec offers 24 scholarships on the Whai Ake i te Ara Tika Maori Mentoring programme to first year Maori students. [...]START Mentors
If you enjoy motivating other students and can work one-on-one or in groups, why not become a START Mentor [...]BreakOut – Scholarships and Grants Database
BreakOut is a comprehensive database of awards, scholarships and grants for people in New Zealand. This database will help search [...]Maori & Pacific Carpentery (CAT) Scholarships
The scholarship is open to Māori and Pasifika students who are 18 years or over and keen to enter the [...]START Awards
To be eligible for a START Award you must be studying full-time in a programme at least a year long [...]