- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to understand disease processes as well as the prevention, identification and treatment of diseases.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or the NZ Diploma in Veterinary Nursing to enrol in this course. Pre-reqs: DVN: (NSCI4700 or NSCI5102) & (NSCI4733 or NSCI5734). NZDVN: NSCI5720 or (NSCI5103 and NSCI5104).
- Topics include:
-Immune responses, vaccinations, and vaccine reactions
-Pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, commonly used medications in the treatment of diseases including indications and contraindications
-Principles of toxicology, including the treatment of toxicities, and commonly encountered poisonings in New Zealand companion animals
pathophysiology, clinical signs, management, prevention
Classification of disease
-Common disease conditions (the main focus is placed on the diseases of cats and dogs)
pathophysiology, clinical signs, diagnosis, and management, including treatment,
medication for specific conditions, specific nursing requirements, patient recovery in disease, and prevention
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 5663. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|28 Jul 17 - 29 Sep 17||Lecture||Friday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (112-2001)|
|20 Oct 17 - 3 Nov 17||Lecture||Friday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (112-2001)|
|27 Jul 17 - 28 Sep 17||Lecture||Thursday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (115-2017)|
|19 Oct 17 - 2 Nov 17||Lecture||Thursday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (115-2017)|