- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- This course explores the key role of people motivation and management strategies, policies and practices in shaping NFP organisations’ culture and their mission achievement. People who complete this course successfully will be able to recruit, retain, empower, manage and motivate a diverse workforce of volunteers and paid staff for NFP organisations.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Graduate Diploma in Not for Profit Management programme or the Graduate Certificate in Not for Profit Management programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: CSTU5010. Restriction for GDNPM: CSTU7820.
- Topics include:
Strategic human resource management, Motivation theory, Volunteerism and Mahi Aroha, Equity and diversity in the workplace strategies, Motivational leadership, Embedding organisational culture, Human resource policies and procedures, Job design and delegation, Competencies, Recruitment and selection, Induction, Motivation and retention strategies, Reward and remuneration structures
Empowering volunteers and paid staff, Internal communication strategies, Learning and development strategies, Succession planning, Employment law, Mediation and dispute resolution, Employment agreements, Occupational safety, health and wellness requirements and processes, Performance management concepts, skills and systems, Coaching for staff/volunteer performance, Managing difficult conversations, Termination, dismissal and exit processes
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|9 Aug 17 - 9 Aug 17||Block Course||Wednesday||13:00 - 17:00||( )|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 13:00||( )|
|10 Aug 17 - 10 Aug 17||Block Course||Thursday||13:00 - 17:00||( )|
|Thursday||09:00 - 13:00||( )|
|11 Aug 17 - 11 Aug 17||Block Course||Friday||13:00 - 17:00||( )|
|Friday||09:00 - 13:00||( )|
|6 Sep 17 - 6 Sep 17||Block Course||Wednesday||09:00 - 13:00||( )|
|Wednesday||13:00 - 17:00||( )|
|7 Sep 17 - 7 Sep 17||Block Course||Thursday||09:00 - 13:00||( )|
|Thursday||13:00 - 17:00||( )|
|8 Sep 17 - 8 Sep 17||Block Course||Friday||09:00 - 13:00||( )|
|Friday||13:00 - 17:00||( )|